Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kate's at Maverick





She’s worked in big business, she’s worked in small business, and she likes small business much better.

“Huge corporations feel kind of cold. Sometimes if feels like they don’t care. There might be some big wig CEO who thinks he’s the smartest person in the world, and that you should do everything he says. For one thing, that’s not challenging. I like to be challenged, and get to use my creative thinking. That’s very gratifying,” Maverick’s newest salesperson, Kate Baucom.

“In a small business, my opinion counts. It’s okay if my idea isn’t utilized, but I like that it’s heard. In small business, things that need to be improved happen faster, where with large companies, positive changes take a long time, since there are several layers of approval to go through, and then it may or may not happen, anyway.”
 
“Also, in a smaller business,” Kate Baucom adds, “You have more control over the kind of service you’re able to provide. You don’t always have to have a manager’s approval in order to do something to help. The small businesses that have really good owners hire smart, independent-thinking people who have the natural inclination to take care of customers, and those employees have the freedom to do what’s necessary to make sure that good customer service happens.”

Kate was known at her former employment as someone who gave great customer service.
“I didn’t just sell them a computer,” she shares, “I’d tell them that if there was ever anything wrong, to call me first, and that I would help them. I didn’t want them to think I was just someone that sold them something and said, “Good luck”. I feel a strong connection with those people, and I definitely want to do the same thing at Maverick as a customer advocate. My job won’t be just selling cars, but to help them find what best fits their needs. ‘What are you going to use this for? Do you do a lot of this or that? Will you be using this for business?' "

“If you have kids,” Kate smiles, “You probably don’t want a two-door, because if you try to get them into a car seat, you might hit your head, for one…there’s little things you might not think about when buying a car. A salesperson, or ‘sales advocate’ should be guiding you through, they should be thinking about those types of things for you.”

I enjoy matching the product with the person, and then to be there with any follow-up questions, even after they sign on the dotted line. I’ll answer every email, and every phone call.”

Kate is clear about her goals.

“I want to make a difference in people’s lives, to be an adviser of some sort, where it’s my job to help people…that’s my dream career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment